My journal of finding perspective and inspiration on a daily basis. Or you may just end up with ramblings. Either way I hope you enjoy and can be encouraged!
Tuesday, February 12, 2019
True Relaxation
I just got back from one of the most relaxing times I think I have ever had in my life. Have you ever had one of those vacations or get-a-ways that until you were in the middle of it, you didn't realize how much you needed it? Oh man. I had that revelation over this past month. As per my last post, you may or may not recall that I was just in Florida visiting my mom. She becomes a snow bird during the winter now and we are very fortunate to have a place down there to go. My parents bought it back in 2003 on a whim and for a very low price and it has become one of my favorite places ever!! I literally cry every time I have to leave. I do have a lot of sentimental value and memories tied to this home because it is the last place we have that my dad had been in when he was alive. My childhood home was sold after he died and we had a river house that we also sold a few years later because it was just too hard to hold onto. Too many memories. But this house aside from its sentimental value for me just has a way to make you feel relax and as if you are away from every trouble in the world. I had planned this trip several months ago before I got my new job. I have really taken on the morbid thought of wanting to spend as much time with my mom as possible as neither one of us are getting any younger. And she is the last parent I have left. So we had planned this for me to go for about a month and a half and I truly had the best time of my life. Sure, I missed my husband although he did come down for one of those weeks. I don't think I realized how stressed and anxiety-riddled my body had taken a toll until I got there. Sure I do understand I was able to relax more because I didn't have as many responsibilities to handle there. Mom and I kept the house clean and of course laundry and cooking were still a part of our routine, but it's easy to keep a Florida house clean when most of the house is tile and her and I don't create much mess. The biggest reasons to do laundry were because I would run out of workout clothes or PJs. I was able to really hone in on my diet and exercise which was great. My mom is a great accountability partner. We went to eat about 4 times a week. We shopped. We went out for drinks. We frequented the spa to which she graciously treated me to a few services. It was just the best. I had some real quality time with God. I was able to focus on myself, my marriage, my husband, my friendships. I was able to just really take the time to pray and read inspiring books. I laid by the pool the majority of the time and that was the absolute best times. The house is located on a lake and the neighborhood is very quiet as most folks in there are of the retired age so peace and tranquility just spilled from that back patio. Even now just taking myself back to that lounge chair has been tearing up. I really think I could live there and every time I go I get a sense that maybe one day I will.
The happiest of endings to this trip was we are keeping the house. That was another big reason for me going and spending so much time there. My mom was seriously considering selling the house and getting something smaller or even a condo but as we looked around and visited several places, I think she has come to the conclusion to stay. I am very grateful! I can only hope that any vacation or time away that I take from here on out, I can be as relaxed as I was on this trip. Everyone needs to experience true relaxation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment