My journal of finding perspective and inspiration on a daily basis. Or you may just end up with ramblings. Either way I hope you enjoy and can be encouraged!
Monday, March 30, 2020
Week 1 Survived
Well I am one week down from our latest state shutdown. But unfortunately this virus is still growing and at a rampant pace. We have had so many deaths and positive tests in the state of VA. Just in our nation alone we doubled in positive virus tests just yesterday. This caused our President to make an extension to his 15-day to end the spread. So He is now wanting everyone to remained quarantined and social distanced until April 30th. Today the Governor will speak in less than an hour and I foresee him making the same extensions for our state. I am most likely not going back to work until May. This is really scary for so many people in our world right now. I may even be at a place where claiming unemployment is necessary.
But instead of keeping this particular post negative Nancy, I want to focus on the positive. I have obviously had plenty of time to focus on my home; reorganizing, cleaning, etc. I feel so incredibly blessed by our home. It is definitely probably more house than we really need, but I do really love it. I do wish I had a few more paintings, more pretty things, but overall we have a really beautiful place to live. I love our neighborhood and how safe I feel living here. It's funny, I feel more safe being here alone than I ever did in our townhouse. And I really loved that townhouse and if I were to scream my neighbors would hear. This place is different but I still feel very secure and have such lovely neighbors.
I am thankful for a wonderful job and friends that I work with. Even though I am not there now, we are still keeping up with one another and it's been really awesome. My boss has become one of my closest friends here and I could not be more thankful for her and just everything that she has done and continues to do for all of us. She is such an amazing leader and I feel so blessed how things fell into place for me to have this job.
I guess my whole point to surviving week 1 is that I did it and can still come away from it feeling grateful. I think that's the best takeaway we can all ask for during this time. Here's hoping after 2 weeks I can still feel the same!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment