My journal of finding perspective and inspiration on a daily basis. Or you may just end up with ramblings. Either way I hope you enjoy and can be encouraged!
Thursday, April 2, 2020
New Virtual World
Going into this new week, my amazing leader got us all a subscription to RightNow Media. There are so many studies on this app so as a team we are doing one by John Maxwell called the 7 Day Experiment and then I personally am doing a marriage study by Les and Leslie Parrott. It has felt good to add these little blips of encouragement and inspiration to my morning routine especially during these times. I have been starting to feel frustrated in the unknown the last couple of days. Our Governor's speech this past Monday was not completely clear for when salons are going to be able to re-open. So at the moment we are still left thinking it will be at the end of this month. There is another article in place that suggests June before many other places will be open and "back to normal". I think my time being by myself and doing things around the house has started to feel comfortable to me because I have been finding myself hoping it is June before we go back.
I am rather enjoying this time of everyone needing to be home left to be with just their families without a whole lot of distractions. This is going to create a new normal for a lot of people when everything is said and done. I believe people are going to really find what they truly value in life. Perhaps they are going to get their priorities straight for the first time in a while. Work for many is going to look very different as I'm sure many companies have realized how much can be done from home. I would like to think that stress levels have been able to go down for many people as well. I know that for some this has caused more stress due to finances and whether or not a business will be able to sustain when we all go back to work, but for the most part everyone is literally forced to be home. Hardly anyone is traveling, no one is going out to eat, no one is sitting on a bar stool all day, and no one wonders where everyone is because we are all in this stay-at-home order. To me, this is starting to feel rather peaceful!
I just hope I can continue to use this time wisely and have more lessons and hopefully more inspiration come my way. Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment