Thursday, December 27, 2018

Lazy Merriment

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We had a very quiet Christmas as we normally do. Sorry for the blog time-off. I got on a cooking and baking frenzy which was actually very fun but took me away from my computer time. My TV has pretty much stayed on the Hallmark channel all day as I do chores around the house and as I mentioned in a previous blog, it has left me craving sweets. Cookies in particular. I've done pretty well with keeping those cravings at bay but I finally gave in on Christmas Eve. I made gingerbread cookies from scratch which I have never done! It was glorious!! They go really well with Bigelow's Orange Spice tea!! Yummy! So as I was saying our holiday was quiet. My hard-working husband didn't get home on Christmas Eve until around 8 or so. Christmas Eve has become one of UPS's busiest days. It didn't used to be that way but as the economy has grown and online sales have gone up the progression has happened. So Christmas Day is spent basically doing a whole lot of nothing. I really enjoy cooking and haven't had the time to do it in a while so ever since we have moved I have spent more time in the kitchen. So I was actually looking forward to a day of cooking various apps for us to munch on throughout the day. My husband went back and forth from the bed to the couch all day. Neither of us did a work out. I think he did actually take a shower so there's that. In between cooking, I worked on my puzzle. I LOVE puzzles. I am not a person who can sit and watch tv without doing something so puzzles have become my thing. It relaxes me while keeping my brain going. I've heard that's important as we get older. Keep your brain occupied. The hubs read his book in between us watching "It's a Wonderful Life", "White Christmas", and we ended the night with "Return to Me". If you have not seen that movie, it is a must!! It is a tear-jerker, but even my husband can stand this chick-flick. It's great. I laugh because I realize how comfortable my marriage is. We have reached a place in our marriage where both of us can be doing our own projects and be perfectly content. I definitely am more physically needy as I was constantly going over to snuggle or steal a kiss, after all this season I don't get to see him often. But it's nice to know we can be one of those couples who don't have to talk all the time to still feel love in a room. Our family Christmases usually fall before and after the actual day due to the UPS work schedule. We already had done Christmas with my family and we are getting together with his family this weekend. It is a little different now too since we have more travels to do to either side. I do also have a little news to share...I have a job interview today. I won't go into a lot of detail about it now since I don't know if I even have the job so I don't want to share too much. I also still have travel plans for the month of January-mid Feb so I wouldn't be starting anything until then. But I will keep everyone posted. Sorry for not much to blab on about in this post but it's just that kind of lazy holiday time. Hope everyone has had time with family and has gotten plenty of rest. Cheers until New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment