My journal of finding perspective and inspiration on a daily basis. Or you may just end up with ramblings. Either way I hope you enjoy and can be encouraged!
Thursday, December 20, 2018
PJs and Sweets
I had an absolutely glorious day yesterday. It was so nice that I may repeat it again today. I've really been allowing myself time to simply relax, stay in my PJs all day, and just do simple tasks around the house without feeling guilty. After all, I am not working right now so why do I need to get dressed up or even take a shower for that matter?? Well, maybe today I will change up the schedule a little and at least shower. Don't get me wrong, I don't want want to turn into an absolute slob but I have realized that I may not always have days like this so I may as well take advantage. It did take me most of the day to do the laundry for me and my husband. He goes through a lot of clothes in a week, especially when it comes to those brown uniforms. And did I mention how much I HATE to iron?! Oh man, talk about annoying. Growing up my mom always took my dad's shirts and suits to the dry cleaners and now I know why. Ironing is the pits.
In addition to doing the laundry, my TV stayed on the Hallmark channel all day. I used to think these Christmas movies were so incredibly cheesy and could not stand watching these actors do kind of a bad job at their roles. But this year I have found these movies to be refreshing. There are so many negative things going on in the world today that sometimes cheesy is nice. I think I've seen just about every Christmas movie they have put on this year. What isn't good for me in watching these movies though is it has made me have a craving for sweets! All these movies tend to have everyone eating delicious Christmas cookies, pies, and cakes. I am normally a total salt girl. Give me a bag of potato chips any day over a piece of pie or cake, but Hallmark is smart. I am convinced this has been worse than watching the Food Network!
So now it's time for confession. I didn't work out yesterday which was fine because it was rest day anyway. My husband and I have crossed over into the Crossfit world. More of that in another blog. But just because it is rest day and I can stay in my PJs all day doesn't give me permission to eat all the things. Well yesterday I broke down major and ate not only 1, but 2 lemon tarts. Our Kroger here carries some Ukrop's bakery items and for any of you who grew up with Ukrop's, you know how amazing their bakery items are!! These little tarts are soooo good!!! We used to get the lemon tarts or the chocolate chess ones especially around the holidays. Well these little suckers pack about 310 calories in EACH tart. Oh man...And while on the subject of sweets...I am starting to hate the saying, "Oh it's the holidays, just enjoy it" No! Don't just enjoy it unless you are really excited to work off those extra 10 lbs that most likely is going to take 6 months to come off!! Don't give me a reason to indulge or I'll do it. Just try me.
Well 620 calories of lemon tart or not, yesterday was a good day. Now in thinking about it I don't think I will repeat this again today. Nope, today it's back to the treadmill and crossfit world. I do still have quite a bit of weight I am trying to lose so no lemon tart today. But I may just end up back in those PJs after the workout is done. I can't make any promises of that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment