My journal of finding perspective and inspiration on a daily basis. Or you may just end up with ramblings. Either way I hope you enjoy and can be encouraged!
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Getting Out of The Funk
This has been the absolute craziest/weird time I think we have ever experienced. We are still in a stay-at-home lockdown and actually today marks exactly 1 month of being away from work. A month ago today, my husband and I were headed down to FL for a week of vacation which, of course, ended early due to this Coronavirus. The last 4 days, I have found myself in funk after funk. I haven't exercised in 4 days which I am sure is contributing to my laziness, but I've also been feeling anxious and unsettled. Yesterday I found myself saying that I was glad to not be at work and I already feel a little nervous for when we do go back because I'm now accustomed to being home. I'm not really an outdoorsy type of person but I think being cooped up in my house all day everyday with nothing but tv to be my friend has started to take an effect on me. The weather lately hasn't been helping. We've had rainy days and super windy days that haven't given me much motivation to want to go outside. We do have quite a bit of yard work that needs to be done in terms of pulling weeds, mulching, etc but all I want to do is nothing which is stupid. I know this is such a rambling of events and I am sure it sounds more like whining at the moment but I am truly tired of the funk. I've been frustrated with my weight during this time too. I've been so hopeful that being home and concentrating on everything going into my body would help lose weight, wrong. I thought not being able to go out to eat, drinking out, having more of a meal routine would drop the pounds. Nope. Have I been working out everyday though and have my workouts been challenging enough? Probably not. Have I really been that great at watching what I have been eating? No. I've baked cookies, brownies, I've made tons of recipe decisions that are way too carb loaded. So now thinking about it all and putting it in perspective, I've done a horrible job. Too many carbs equals too much sugar equals no weight loss. Put on top of that, I may get on the treadmill to do my run for 30 min one day and then a couple days later I do our Crossfit WOD but I kinda skimp on it. My husband pointed out to me that I have got to do way more weight training coupled with the days I get on the treadmill AND I have to start focusing on my macros. Carbs for me are just not good. I've been eating bread, baked goods, and also drinking beer since the weather has gotten warmer which just isn't good for my system.
Ok so new day, new perspective. Perhaps just typing all of this out will help kick me in my pants enough to motivate me to get up and do something! So here we go...here is to getting out of my funk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment