Tuesday, January 19, 2021

God Using Failures

This title alone brings anxiety to me. As I'm sure many can tell from my previous posts, I am a Christian. I came to know God and made the decision to have a relationship with Jesus when I was young, about 8. Throughout my life of so many heartbreaks, different seasons, different jobs, different locations...my relationship with the Lord has gone up and down but it has always been there. And when I say "it" has always been there, I mean God has always been there, but I haven't always been there for God. I read a daily devotion every morning and today's really struck me. God can use our failures for good. But I don't want to fail. In fact, the idea of failing to me terrifies me. I am way too much of a perfectionist. I like following the rules, doing things the way they are suppose to be done. I don't want to fail. Do I fail though? Yes, after all I am human, but the thought of failing still makes me nauseous. Wow, do I have a lot to work on.... I know this was a very short post, but I felt it necessary to write about this. It was an enlightening moment for me to realize how much failure scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment