My journal of finding perspective and inspiration on a daily basis. Or you may just end up with ramblings. Either way I hope you enjoy and can be encouraged!
Friday, January 8, 2021
Under the Lanai
Todays ramblings come from the same place I was located yesterday. Under the lanai. Back home it is in the 30s and possibly snowing. Meanwhile I sit outside in my bathing suit, soaking up the suns rays in a lower 70 temp. What a different constrast 2 states can be. Today is my last day being down in my oasis. My mom and I make the long drive back tomorrrow. The grueling 12-14 hour car ride is my absolute worst nightmare, but these days it is better than flying with all the COVID stuff going on. We feel safer at least driving, although stopping at some of these rest areas and gas stations we are probably risking it as well, but at least we can get back in our sanitized car. I get very sad when it comes down to my last day down here, especially when I don't know a return date. In this case I don't. I am hoping my husband and I get down here sometime this spring, maybe March or April, but that all depends on his work schedule and mine for that matter. It also probably depends on this whole pandemic as well and what comes of that. Numbers continue to rise in cases and there is still the risk of our business getting shut down if any of us were to come down with it.
But right now I am trying to just sit in the moment. Blue skies, palm trees blowing as a soft breeze continues to flow. The sun going in and out of various clouds. I really do love it here more than anything. Well, maybe a cruise but who knows when we were ever venture back out on one of those. I am very grateful to have this place and I am so thankful to my dad who found this place and made the spontaneous decision to purchase it. I hate he only got to enjoy it for 2 years, but at least he did that. My mom and I have been able to enjoy multiple times down here since then. Many memories flood my mind of different boyfriends I have brought down, friends who have come, and also the many lonely times I felt down here. I remember extinctly shedding many tears in my bathroom down here longing to have a man who would be able to spend time down here with me. Little did I know how "fast" that would happen and how many times my husband and I have traveled down here. He loves it too, perhaps not as much as me but he does enjoy coming down.
Whatever the future may hold for this place as my mom continues to go back and forth as to what she would desire to do with this place...I can only hope that my husband and I can have many years here. I can only hope that perhaps we can even take over the place ourselves. I know what a task that would be, but I love it enough. So for today I will enjoy being under the lanai. Chao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment