My journal of finding perspective and inspiration on a daily basis. Or you may just end up with ramblings. Either way I hope you enjoy and can be encouraged!
Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Spiritual Battle
I have returned home, back to reality. My first day back at work is today and I am trying to remember my word of "balance" to keep myself centered. I did meet up with some of my co-workers last night to wish a farewell to one of them. We got to talking about everything that is going on politically in the US right now. Everything has got us all scratching our heads wondering how on earth we got here?! Do I believe our current President helped get us here? Yes. But then I was reading in my devotion this morning about the war that Joshua was under. The Scriptures never share with us about how many people were in his army or what types of weapons they used or even how much weapons there were. All we know is whom the war was between and then how God helped guide Joshua to defeat his enemies. The even bigger picture of all of that was the spiritual battle that was happening. Reading this reminded me that this is exactly what is happening to us right now. We have so many people who are idolizing one man and then we have others who have such extreme hate for one another...it's all disgusting no matter which side one may be on. But really it boils down to the spiritual battle that is happening all around us. I feel such a strong sense to make sure I am plugged into the Word and to make sure I am living right for the Lord. I have no idea if the second coming is happening soon or if this is merely just another "bump in the road" we have to go through, but all I know is my God is stronger and has more wisdom about all of this than we ever will. So for those of you who are followers of Jesus..take up your armor...your spiritual armor. And remember our battle is not against flesh and blood but against satan and his army. But we have an ALmighty God who will fight for us and who will defeat him ultimatly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment